Tax Forms & Resources
Tax Forms & Resources for Individuals
Federal Tax Payment Instructions
To make a payment for your federal taxes or federal tax estimates, please visit:
- Click Pay Now with Direct Pay icon to pay with your bank account
- Click Make a Payment
- Reason for Payment
- If paying balance due on completed tax return, choose Balance Due
- If paying an estimate for the current tax year, choose Estimated Tax
- Apply Payment To
- If paying balance due on completed tax return, choose Income Tax – Form 1040
- If paying an estimate for the current tax year, choose 1040ES
- Tax Period for Payment
- Choose the year you are applying the payment or estimate to
- Click Continue
- Verify Identity – You Will Need:
- The tax year for a return that you have filed in recent PRIOR years (does not have to be current year, but should be MOST current PREVIOUS year filed)
- Filing status from that tax year
- SSN or ITIN
- Date of Birth
- Address (as listed on tax return from that year)
- Enter this information and click Continue
- On the next screen, enter your payment information and click Continue
- Print a copy of the confirmation for your records
Wisconsin Tax Payment Instructions:
To make a payment for your Wisconsin taxes or Wisconsin tax estimates, please visit:
- Choose Individual Income Tax, then Next
- For a tax payment based on a completed prior year return, choose Return Payment from the drop down, then Next
- For a tax estimate payment, choose Estimated Payment from the drop down, then Next
- Complete your Taxpayer information, then Next
- For tax payments based on a completed year return, enter the year of the return for the Tax Year (yyyy) field.
- For tax estimates, enter the current year (or year making estimated payments for) for the Tax Year (yyyy) field.
- Click on Click here to enter your payment information to enter your bank account information, then Submit
- Print a copy of the confirmation for your records.
If you are an employee, the withholding calculator can help you determine whether you need to give your employer a new Form W-4, or advise on how to fill out the W-4 for a new position to be sure you are having the correct amount of Federal tax withheld from your paycheck.
Schedule a Consultation
Ready to get started? Schedule a consultation today.